Wednesday, April 24, 2013

I'm Taking a 30 Day Challenge-Day 1. To my Best Friend

Okay, so I've decided to get a little more active on my blog. It's feeling neglected. Problem is, I don't often have much inspiration, so I'm taking on a 30 day blogging challenge. That's right. 30 days, 30 posts. Y'all are gonna hate me by the end of this.  In this challenge, I am to write a letter to a different person every day. It starts with my best friend. This one may get a little emotional.

Dear BJ,

I fucking miss you. I miss your ocean blue eyes, I miss your blonde hair, and your smile, and your smell. I miss the way you would put your arm around my shoulders and pull me in for a hug. I miss the way you stole all my hair scrunchies for your collection (weirdo.) I miss getting phone calls at 3 am, asking me to sneak out of the house because you "borrowed" your dad's car again, and want to go for a joy ride.

It's been almost 14 years since you left. I was 15, you were only 16. In those 14 years, there hasn't been a day go by that I don't think about you, or wish I could pick up the phone to call you, or need one of your awesome hugs. I look at my children and wish that they would have had the pleasure of meeting you, and knowing how amazing you are. They remind me of you, with their blond hair, blue eyes, and attitude. It's like I got a tiny piece of you back, or a giant cosmic joke from you. I guess time will tell.  I have so much to tell you, so much has happened. Things just aren't the same without you here with me.

You are my best friend. You will ALWAYS be my best friend. That spot in my heart will never be filled by anyone. I love you, BJ, and I am blessed to have you watching over me (except when i'm in the shower, you perv.)

P.S. I want my scrunchies back.

2 comments:

  1. Great challenge and great post! Sorry about your best friend!!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart hurts to think of losing a bestfriend. I can't even imagine going through more of my life without mine. **Sending creeper hugs from a stranger**

    P.S. I love this challenge, I hope you do not mind if I do it as well.

    ReplyDelete