Saturday, April 27, 2013

To my parents

This will involve two letters,  because my parents are divorced and i have extremely different opinions of them.

Dear momma,

You are my best friend. You have been there beside me through every trial and tribulation, cheering me on wholeheartedly the entire time.  You're the person I call 10 times a day, we can make even the weather interesting.  Without you, i would surely not be alive, in more than just the physical sense. I owe you my life. 

Thank you for letting me be myself, letting me learn from my own mistakes instead of pushing yours on me as an example.  Thank you for working your ass off as a single mom my entire life to give me what I needed. You are my inspiration. I love you more than anyone in the entire universe. ♥

Dad,

I don't know you that well. I know we have a lot of similar traits, both physically and attitude wise. There is no mistaking that I am your biological daughter.  Thats where the parental relationship ends.

You left when I was 4. All I wanted in the years after that was to have a dad who loved and cared about me. Instead, I got cards stuffed with money sent from Florida twice a year. Then, I became a teenager and you moved here. I had already learned to live without you though. I spent my older years hating you. Hating that you stole part of my childhood away, robbing memories that ill never be able to replace. 

Now, I'll be thirty this year. I don't hate you anymore.  You're a friend to me. You are the man that gave me life. I am thankful for that. You are good to your grandchildren,  maybe because you're trying to make up for everything you missed with me. I admire that about you. Simple facts are though, is that I may always have a father, but I'll never have a daddy.  And for once, I'm okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment