Friday, December 28, 2012

Working Girl

Today, I start my new job. It's nothing special, I've actually even worked there before. But this is my first full time job since I became a single mother. I haven't been working for years, first because my husband didn't like when I worked, he preferred me to be a a SAHM (house slave). Then, because the economy is so bad, I couldn't find a job that would actually make me any money after daycare, gas, etc.  SO, now I have. I actually get to take my children with me to this job. I'm not sure if this is a plus or a minus.  Sure, it saves me 40.00 a day in daycare, BUT, I don't get away from my kids haha. Oh well, at least now I will be a contributing member of society again. Kind of. I certainly DO plan on stimulating the economy once I get a few paychecks in the bank, momma needs some new granny panties!  (I kid, I don't wear TOTAL granny panties.)

This blog thing is harder than I thought. I am taking longer to write this than I had originally planned, so it shall be continued after I get settled in at work. (Shame you can't drink there. then it would really be the PERFECT job.)

I'm now at work. I've been here a little over an hour, and already I am having issues. Well, only one really. There's a baby gate in the house, one of those fancy ones that swings open when you do 100 different things at once, and you hear the magic click.  Obviously this gate is smarter than me. I stand there with stuff in my hands, willing it with my mind to open, because I KNOW I can't get it with my hand. Then I have to put everything down, use both my hands, and force it open. My boss thinks it's hilarious. I feel defeated. Baby gate my ass. Glad to be working though! Feels good to do what I do at home, but get paid for it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment