Wednesday, January 8, 2014

30 Day blogging challenge. Day 1.

Okay, I know I'm sporadic at best with this whole blogging thing.  I'm really gonna try this time to stick to it, because I love writing, and reading, and interacting, and making people laugh.

I'm starting a 30 day blog challenge, starting today.   I'm actually going to combine two challenges into one, to give myself more topics to write about each day.  

Day One.

A Photo of Yourself and a description of your day, along with a few basic things about yourself.







This is me.  I'm 30 years old.  I look and act much younger for the most part, except for when it comes to serious shit like picking curtains or road rage.  I have three kids.  They are pretty freaking awesome.  (of course they are, they are little pieces of me. Duh.)  I am enrolled full time at DeVry University, studying Health Information Technology.  Going back to college after being out of high school for 12 years is HARD.  It's time sucking, frustrating, and life altering.  And fun.  I love to learn.  I ask a lot of questions, read a lot of books, and spend a lot of time researching stuff on the internet that will probably be of no use to me in the future.  Like funny cats and TV series and scary science.   Behind the safe wall that is the internet, I am outspoken, opinionated, and funny.   In real life, I'm timid.  I hate confrontation, I'm extremely antisocial, and kind of a hermit.  Nothing makes me happier than spending a weekend in pajamas, watching bad television and eating crap that goes straight to my ass.  I don't exercise much. I know I should.  It's boring though, and doesn't hold my attention for long, just like most other things in the universe.   I love anything health related, on the other hand.  I'm a certified nurse's aide, I really enjoy helping others.  I am addicted to medical dramas, and researching weird and rare diseases.  I even have infectious diseases textbooks on my laptop for free reading time.  This kind of goes hand in hand with my germ phobia.  I have hand sanitizer everywhere, touching door knobs sends me into a panic, my house is ALWAYS spotless, and public bathrooms are the devil.  I have a plethora of irrational fears, like driving off bridges and drowning, spiders, sleeping on the side of the bed closest to the door (I don't want to get kidnapped.), Alaska, oreo cookies (refer back to spiders), and some other stuff I'm not gonna mention right now, because I've humilated myself enough for the day.  

That's me.   Kind of.  Not all of me, of course, but all of me would take a lot longer to write.  Anyway, about my day.

It's Wednesday today (does anyone else say wed-NES-day when they type that?).  I started off the day with coffee, bill paying and ordering wireless mouses online.  (I'm really very boring.)  I watched myself some Ally McBeal, did some research on a small home business I'm currently thinking about opening, and then went and saw the man for lunch.  After that, I got my lucky Aldi quarter, and went grocery shopping.  I am a bargain shopper, so after about three stops, I spent 120 on a month's worth of food.  Once I got home, I cleaned (for the second time today), watched more Ally, and wasted way too much time on Pinterest, which got my to where I am right now.   The day isn't over, but I can tell you with certainty that the rest of my day will involve dinner (beef stroganoff), a movie with some popcorn, and math homework.  Then snuggles and bed.

There's day one, I hope it didn't make you completely insane and want to rip your eyes out with a rusty fork.  Stay tuned, day two is in the works.   

No comments:

Post a Comment